The State Government through its e-Governance interventions is determined to provide various government services and information in “Anytime, Anywhere access” format to the doorstep of the citizen, at an affordable cost.
Common Services Centers (CSCs) will work as front-end delivery points for providing various services to rural citizens. These centres shall be known as 'Jan Seva Kendra' in the state. Getting information and other services at their doorsteps through the Jan Seva Kendra will benefit the rural citizen.
A typical Jan Seva Kendra would be a retail outlet of services that are offered in a structured framework of ICT Infrastructure (PCs, Printers, Scanners, Digital Camera, Projection Systems, Tele-medicine Equipments, etc.), rural entrepreneurship and market mechanisms.
The Jan Seva Kendra will be established through a bottom-up approach and will be customer centric and be a single window for various IT-related services and other retail functions.
The Jan Seva Kendra has been visualized as a selfsustaining viable rural business, with neither capital cost nor operating subsidies.
The Jan Seva Kendra is envisaged to offer different kinds of functions:-
· Providing e-governance services within easy reach and thereby save consumer’s costs on distant and repeated travel
· Providing critical information on available government developmental programmes, beneficiary criteria and present beneficiary list to bring in transparency and efficiency in the programmes and an opportunity for development of the marginalized sections of the community
· Providing information and opportunities for income enhancement/ generation
· Providing the platform for e-communication
· Providing avenues for e-marketing and e-shopping· Providing other services required by the community and linked to the usage of the ICT infrastructure
Hemant Kanoria SREI Infrastructure Ltd plans to set up about 25,000 white label automated telling machines (ATMs ) in rural areas, tak...
The Jan Seva Kendra is envisaged to offer different kinds of functions: 1- Providing e-governance services within easy reach and thereby s...
UTI Mutual Fund has entered into an arrangement with Srei Sahaj for distribution of its micro-pension products across the States of Ass...